Crypto bridges have made it possible to make seamless and secure transactions between different blockchain networks. And when it comes to simplicity and user-friendliness, there’s one bridge that stands out: Metis Bridge. If you want to know how to send crypto to another chain effortlessly with Metis Bridge, this is the right resource for you. In this simple guide, we’ll walk you through how to use Metis Bridge to make transactions between different blockchain ecosystems.
What is Metis Bridge?
The Metis bridge facilitates the transfer of tokens from Ethereum to Metis Andromeda network, offering users a seamless cross-chain experience.
Through the Metis bridge, you can transfer a variety of tokens, including the Metis token, Tether, USD Coin, Binance USD, Sushi, Link, Aave, Dai, Wrapped Bitcoin, and Ether. Once these tokens are moved to the L2 network, you can be able to use them within the Metis ecosystem, engaging with various integrated DeFi protocols such as decentralized exchanges (DEXs) and stablecoin platforms.
In addition to token bridging, Metis bridge also facilitates the transfer of non-fungible tokens (NFTs), expanding the scope of assets that can be moved between blockchains.
Furthermore, it ensures the security of your transactions through its robust infrastructure and encryption protocols. Your private keys and sensitive information are safeguarded, giving you peace of mind while conducting your crypto transfers. And it is continuously updated and maintained by a team of experts, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
How to configure MetaMask for Metis Bridge
Before you learn how to use Metis Bridge, you need to have a MetaMask wallet. If you don’t have it, you can either download the MetaMask mobile app or the browser extension. If you prefer the browser extension for the initial configuration, here are two methods to set up MetaMask for Metis:
Option 1: Chainlist
Chainlist is a platform that lists various EVM networks, including Metis and other Ethereum L2s. Follow these steps to use Chainlist:
- Go to the ChainList website.
- Locate the search bar and search for Metis.
- Choose “Metis Andromeda Mainnet” from the options presented.
- Click on the “Connect Wallet” button.
- Enter your MetaMask wallet password to unlock it.
- Connect MetaMask to ChainList.
- Once connected, click on the “Add to MetaMask” button.
- A MetaMask window will appear, click the “Approve” button. This will add the Metis Andromeda Mainnet to your MetaMask wallet browser extension.
- Finally, approve the network switch on the MetaMask window.
By following these steps, you will have successfully configured MetaMask for Metis Bridge and added the Metis Andromeda Mainnet to your wallet.
Option 2: Set up manually
If you prefer not to use ChainList, you have the option to manually include the Metis network in your MetaMask wallet. Follow these steps to do so:
- Launch the MetaMask wallet on your mobile device.
- Tap on “Wallet” located at the top.
- A list of different networks will be displayed. If the Metis network is not included in this default list, select “Add Network.”
If the default list provided by MetaMask does not include the Metis network, click on the tab labeled “Custom Networks.”
- Enter these details:
Network Name: Metis Network
New RPC URL: https://andromeda.metis.io/?owner=1088
Block Explorer URL: https://andromeda-explorer.metis.io/
Then tap on “Add.” This will integrate the Metis network into your MetaMask wallet.
How to Use Metis Bridge
Here are some basic steps to follow to learn how to use Metis Bridge:
- Connect your wallet: Begin by connecting your wallet to METIS Bridge. You can choose from several popular wallets like MetaMask, or Polis.
- Select the asset for bridging: Once your wallet is connected, choose the specific asset you wish to bridge. METIS Bridge supports a diverse range of assets, including ETH, ERC-20 tokens, and BEP-20 tokens.
- Determine the destination network: Next, decide on the network to which you want to bridge your asset. METIS Bridge is compatible with various well-known networks such as Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and Polygon.
- Enter the desired bridging amount: After selecting the asset and destination network, input the amount you intend to bridge. Verify the details and proceed to confirm the transaction.
- Await the completion of the bridging process: Once you initiate the bridging process, patiently wait for it to finalize. The duration may vary due to network congestion but typically takes only a few minutes.
- Check your wallet for the bridged asset: After the bridging process concludes, check your destination network wallet. You should now find the bridged asset successfully transferred and available for your use.
Congratulations! You have successfully utilized Metis Bridge to move assets across different blockchain networks.
What are the different fees associated with Metis Bridge?
The transaction fees associated with using Metis to bridge from ethereum to other networks may differ based on factors such as the specific assets being bridged, the destination networks involved, and the current network conditions.
Here are the types of metis bridging fees you may encounter when making use of Metis Bridge:
Network fees: These fees are paid to the respective blockchain network for processing and validating transactions. They are typically denominated in the native cryptocurrency of the network, such as ETH for Ethereum. The exact amount of network fees can vary depending on factors like network congestion and gas prices.
Bridge fees: Metis Bridge applies a small fee for its bridge service. This fee is generally a percentage of the total amount being bridged and is paid in the native cryptocurrency of the network.
Exchange fees: If you are bridging between different cryptocurrencies, you may also incur exchange fees. These fees are typically charged by the exchange or trading platform used to convert the assets from one cryptocurrency to another.
Using the Metis bridge to transfer crypto from one blockchain to another is a simple process that even beginners can easily navigate. By following the step-by-step guide on how to use Metis bridge, you can seamlessly transfer your crypto assets across different blockchains within minutes.
However, it is important to double-check whether the token you wish to transfer is supported by the Metis Andromeda network.
You also need to have a clear understanding of the fees associated with bridging tokens to Metis Andromeda. Additionally, always ensure that you have switched to the correct network on MetaMask before initiating the bridging process. So if you haven’t used the Metis bridge yet, now is the time to give it a shot and experience its convenience and efficiency for cross-chain transactions.
If you want to know how to navigate the crypto space like a pro without making constant losses, sign up for the Crypto University membership now.